Monday, September 1, 2014

Egg Salad with Veggies

I don't like traditional egg salad.  It's a texture thing. I need something to crunch to off set the feeling of the eggs and mayo.  This recipe fits the bill for me. I actually combined two recipes I found online. I think it will work.

This would probably be better as a side dish.


Egg Salad with Veggies

Serves 8

Ingredients

1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 cup of fresh cauliflower, chopped.
1 carrot, shredded.
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoons dried dill
2 tablespoons brown mustard
1 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoons salt
12 hard boiled eggs, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions: 


  • In a large bowl, mix together the onion, celery, cauliflower, carrots, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
  • Add the eggs to the vegetable mixture and mix together. Season with pepper to taste.
  • Chill for 1 hour.

Per serving: 
Calories 212
Fat 17 g
Carb 4 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 10 g

No comments:

Post a Comment